Western Health Advantage
Small and Large Group Plans
Western Health Advantage has a variety of small and large group plans:
- Canopy Health is now part of Western Health Advantage (WHA) for all products offered in our service area
- Western Health Advantage will provide quotes
- Underwriting guidelines provided by the carrier apply to all Canopy Health products
- Canopy Health offers more competitive pricing by working together with our alliance partners
- Fully-Insured HMO only
- Canopy Health and Western Health Advantage will partner to provide support for Open Enrollment meetings as needed
Eligibility for Coverage: To become a member of Canopy Health, you must live or work within the Canopy Health Service Area.
Western Health Advantage Group Plans
Western Health Advantage has a variety of options to fit client needs. Their small and large group portfolios offer:
• Traditional Plans are ideal for employees looking for the most coverage for their medical care. While many services are covered in full, others require only a copayment without the hassle of meeting a deductible first.
• Deductible Plans help your employees control how much they spend on healthcare expenses by paying for services when needed. Employees pay a copayment for office visits and/or diagnostic services while some services, such as hospitalization, are subject to a deductible.
• HSA-Compatible High-Deductible Plans allow employees to build funds within their health savings account (HSA) to pay for office and hospital visits as well as prescription medications. We offer complimentary HealthEquity® HSAs with Gateway HSA plans sold direct from WHA. While there is no obligation to have an HSA, employees are advised to discuss the benefits with a tax consultant.