As you evaluate your employee benefits, consider offering your workforce access to Canopy Health’s refreshingly clear, human care. We’re improving our members’ access to healthcare, educating them about their healthcare options and costs, and encouraging preventive healthcare and healthy lifestyle choices. Find out if Canopy Health is right for your team!
Employees Benefit from a Robust Alliance of Bay Area Physicians and Hospitals
Currently, our members can seek treatment from almost 5,000 physicians, 18 hospitals, and numerous outpatient facilities and care centers across 8 Bay Area counties. Our growing network includes:
- Hill Physicians Medical Group
- John Muir Physician Network
- Meritage Medical Network
- Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA)
- John Muir Health
- Dignity Health (St. Mary’s, Saint Francis, Sequoia)
- Alameda Health System
- Marin General Hospital
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Sonoma Valley Hospital
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System
Our alliance spans the communities where your employees live, work, and play — and gives them easy access to high-quality care both day and night.
A primary care physician (PCP) manages each members’ care. This means the PCP not only helps diagnosis a member’s health conditions but also makes referrals, ensures consistent communication between providers, and helps the member avoid unnecessary or repetitive treatment. They also focus on preventive healthcare that addresses chronic conditions early on with the aim of avoiding complications. When PCPs and their patients build strong, honest relationships, managed care can improve healthcare outcomes and reduce out-of-pocket costs by encouraging positive lifestyle changes and proactive medical care.
When a specialist or inpatient hospitalization is necessary, our members seek treatment with some of the Bay Area’s top-rated specialists and hospitals. For example, U.S. News & World Report listed UCSF Health and John Muir Health’s Walnut Creek and Concord facilities as their top three hospitals in the Bay Area. (UCSF Health is also in the top five hospitals in the United States.) Similarly, Healthgrades has named Sequoia Hospital as one of the Best 50 Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery for three consecutive years.
A Commitment to Healthcare Transparency
For many people, healthcare is confusing and frustrating. A large number of Californians simply don’t know how to calculate their out-of-pocket healthcare costs, evaluate health plans, or seek appropriate healthcare. This can result in delayed treatment, poor compliance with doctors’ recommendations, and negative health outcomes. We know our members deserve better.
At Canopy Health, we’re committed to healthcare transparency. We try to educate our members about the basics of healthcare and offer clear explanations of their out-of-pocket costs.
Our Carrier Partners Offer a Variety of Cost-Effective Plan Options
Because Canopy Health has a restricted Knox-Keene license, we cannot directly sell or market health plans to employers or the general public. Instead, we partner with reputable carriers that include our alliance within their health plans. Our carrier partners include:
- Health Net: Large group employers can purchase affordable SmartCare plans from Health Net. These plans allow members to mix-and-match copayment and coinsurance designs, and employers can offer additional Health Net plans alongside SmartCare for even greater choice.
- UnitedHealthcare: Large and small employers can offer UHC’s SignatureValue Advantage plans. These plans emphasize preventive care and an exceptional member experience at a lower price point than many other UnitedHealthcare HMO plans.
- Western Health Advantage: All WHA plans include access to the Canopy Health alliance. Western Health Advantage plans are available to both large and small group employers and deliver a top-rated enrollment and member experience. They also offer members additional value through discount and health incentive programs.
These healthcare carriers offer employers a wide variety of health plan options with varying price points, deductibles, and coinsurance rates.
Once an employee enrolls in one of our carrier partners’ health plans, they can select a PCP within Canopy Health’s alliance. This automatically registers them in Canopy Health and gives them access to our robust referral program. (A PCP can refer a Canopy Health member to any provider within our alliance, regardless of whether the providers are in the same medical group.)
Learn More About Canopy Health’s Revolutionary Approach to Employee Wellness
As you build your ideal employee benefits package, we’d love to teach you more about our refreshingly clear, human alternative to Bay Area healthcare. Contact us for more information about our impressive alliance, carrier partners, and our approach to coordinated care. You can easily reach us by completing our online form or calling us at 888-8-CANOPY.