As part of its recent expansion, Canopy Health has allied itself with Good Samaritan Hospital and the Regional Medical Center of San Jose. We’re excited to give our members access to these exceptional medical facilities. Learn more about their award-winning programs below.
Canopy Health Expands Its Reach in Santa Clara County
In early 2018, Canopy Health announced a significant expansion, including broader access to care in Santa Clara County. In addition to its already robust alliance, Canopy Health members can now be treated by physicians at Good Samaritan Hospital, the Regional Medical Center of San Jose, and the Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA).
Santa Clara County is one of the most populous Bay Area counties and home to Silicon Valley. As our membership grew, we realized that Canopy Health needed a larger presence in the area. Adding Good Samaritan Hospital and the Regional Medical Center of San Jose to our alliance provides our members with improved access to care and treatment options. It also reflects our mission of providing refreshingly clear, human care throughout the Bay Area.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital was founded in 1965. Since then, it has developed into a well-respected acute care center with numerous accreditations and a commitment to technology. Its accreditations include:
- ASMBS Accredited Bariatric Surgery Program and Center of Excellence
- Joint Commission accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Santa Clara County designated STEMI (heart attack) receiving center
- American College of Radiology accredited mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast MRI, and breast ultrasound programs
- NAPBC accredited in breast cancer staging and radiation oncology
- CCS Certified Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with a pediatric surgery specialization
- CARF-accredited inpatient rehabilitation program and stroke care rehab programs
- Joint Commission certified programs in sepsis care
Good Samaritan Hospital’s Comprehensive Cancer Center is considered one of the best cancer programs in the Bay Area. It was also the Bay Area’s first Stroke Certified hospital.
The hospital and its providers believe that health care is a basic, human right. Good Samaritan’s dedication to high-quality care and its patients has garnered national and regional recognition, including:
- Joint Commission Top Performer Hospital on Key Quality Measures
- American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award (five consecutive years)
- Bay Area Parent Magazine Hall of Fame: Best Place to Have a Baby and Family Favorite
- Joint Commission Seal of Approval, Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
- Designated Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement
- Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award, 2017
And as the hospital grows and improves, we’re confident its services will become even better.
It is currently undergoing a significant emergency department expansion, which will double Good Samaritan’s ER square footage and improve medical care and the patient experience. The project includes dedicated diagnostic equipment and specialized trauma, cardiac, and pediatric rooms.
Good Samaritan Hospital also offers advanced treatment options, including two daVinci Xi robotic surgery systems, a Cyberknife robotic radiosurgery system, and the South Bay’s first intensity modulated radiation therapy treatments, which help spare healthy tissues and organs during radiation therapy.
Regional Medical Center of San Jose
The Regional Medical Center of San Jose is an essential partner in the region’s health and wellness. Its campus includes six Centers of Excellence and a cutting-edge, four-story hospital tower. The Joint Commission has accredited Regional Medical Center, as well as its pathology and clinical laboratories and stroke and sepsis programs.
Among its other accreditations, Regional Medical Center boasts:
- A Santa Clara County-designated STEMI (heart attack) receiving center
- A county-designated Level II trauma center
- Conditional certification of its neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) by the California Department of Health Care Services
- American College of Radiology accreditation in nuclear medicine, CT (computerized tomography) services, and MRI imaging
- The only Coast Guard-certified helipad for Black Hawk grade air ambulance landings in the Bay Area
It also hosts numerous medical research and clinical trials.
The hospital has also been recognized for its dedication to quality, the patient experience, and community service. Recent awards include:
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Cardiac Care, 2015-1017
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best General Surgery, 2017
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Coronary Intervention, 2017
- Healthgrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award, 2015-2017
- Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award, 2016-2017
- Healthgrades Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award, 2016-2017
- Five-Star recipients in hysterectomy, sepsis, and heart attack care
- CEP Distinguished ER Practice of the Year, 2014
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Excellence in Stroke Care
- Medal of Honor for organ donation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The hospital is also committed to transparency and provides patients with easy access to its quality rankings.
Canopy Health: Committed to San Jose and Santa Clara County’s Health and Wellness
Canopy Health is proud to include Good Samaritan Hospital and the Regional Medical Center of San Jose in its alliance. This expansion reflects our commitment to our members, giving them exceptional healthcare options in the communities where they live, work, and play. To learn more about our alliance, contact us online or at 888-8-CANOPY.